Saturday 9 February 2013

Training - Week Ending 10th February 2013

'the pain of training is less than the pain of regret'
  • Monday 4th February - River Run inc stretching 5.7km (40m47s / 577calories)
  • Monday 4th February - OneOnOne PT 10xStairRuns & 300Crunches 
  • Tuesday 5th February - Weights & Cardio (1hr2min / 875calories) 
  • Wednesday 6th February - River Run 3.6km (23m41s / 337calories) 
  • Wednesday 6th February - Boxing Circuit (1hr2min / 869 calories) 
  • Thursday 7th February - Circuit 3min Rounds (40min10sec / 537calories) 
  • Sunday 10th February - Home Circuit (44min / 661calories)

I started the week with all the right intentions, planning a tight training schedule that would be the equal of my pre-Xmas levels.  However, as I am regularly reminded, Boxing is an unforgiving game and I quickly found that I had to earn the levels I had previously become accustomed too.  Don't get me wrong, I was still putting in work during January (as my previous Blogs show), however to operate at the pre-Xmas level then I should have been training at that level and as I now know, it's not something you can just switch On and Off.

I was frustrated in my first few classes this week, I was getting through them, just not at the intensity I would have liked.  More importantly, my Friday & Saturday training intentions had to be put on hold.  My body was exhausted.  Yes, I could have soldiered on, but I'm in this for the long haul, so I won't apologise for a couple of days rest at the early stages of my 2013 training............. as long as I don't make a habit of it.

Fortunately, my mates gave me the motivation I needed to close off the training week with some sweat & tears by asking me to come up with a 45minute training circuit at my place Sunday arvo............. so thanks to Claire, Dale & Kevvie for giving me a reason to finish the week strong!!

Heres what I came up with - 1 minute each station with a 10second break in between:

  1. ChinUps
  2. Left / Rights (Heavy Bag)
  3. Step Ups (Stairs)
  4. Barbell Curls
  5. SitUps
  6. Medicine Ball Burpees
  7. KettleBells Swings
  8. Tyre & Sledgehammer
  9. Ground & Pound (Core Bag)
  10. Wall Sit
  11. Weighted Left /Rights
  12. Sumo Squat (8kg or 12kg Kettle Bell)
  13. Leg Raises
  14. Hooks (Heavy Bag)
  15. Angled Press Ups (Stairs)
  16. Barbell Upright Row
  17. Crunches
  18. Russian Twist (Medicine Ball)
  19. Turkish GetUps (8kg or 12kg Kettle Bell)
  20. Tyre & Sledgehammer
  21. Core Bag Squats
  22. Mountain Climbers against a Wall
  23. Weighted Holds
  24. Kettle Bells Lunges (8kg or 12kg Kettle Bell)
  25. 1 Minute Plank

Hopefully we can make a habit of these sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment