'the pain of training is less than the pain of regret'
- Monday 4th February - River Run inc stretching 5.7km (40m47s / 577calories)
- Monday 4th February - OneOnOne PT 10xStairRuns & 300Crunches
- Tuesday 5th February - Weights & Cardio (1hr2min / 875calories)
- Wednesday 6th February - River Run 3.6km (23m41s / 337calories)
- Wednesday 6th February - Boxing Circuit (1hr2min / 869 calories)
- Thursday 7th February - Circuit 3min Rounds (40min10sec / 537calories)
- Sunday 10th February - Home Circuit (44min / 661calories)
I started the week with all the right intentions, planning a tight training schedule that would be the equal of my pre-Xmas levels. However, as I am regularly reminded, Boxing is an unforgiving game and I quickly found that I had to earn the levels I had previously become accustomed too. Don't get me wrong, I was still putting in work during January (as my previous Blogs show), however to operate at the pre-Xmas level then I should have been training at that level and as I now know, it's not something you can just switch On and Off.
I was frustrated in my first few classes this week, I was getting through them, just not at the intensity I would have liked. More importantly, my Friday & Saturday training intentions had to be put on hold. My body was exhausted. Yes, I could have soldiered on, but I'm in this for the long haul, so I won't apologise for a couple of days rest at the early stages of my 2013 training............. as long as I don't make a habit of it.
Fortunately, my mates gave me the motivation I needed to close off the training week with some sweat & tears by asking me to come up with a 45minute training circuit at my place Sunday arvo............. so thanks to Claire, Dale & Kevvie for giving me a reason to finish the week strong!!
Heres what I came up with - 1 minute each station with a 10second break in between:
- Left / Rights (Heavy Bag)
- Step Ups (Stairs)
- Barbell Curls
- Medicine Ball Burpees
- KettleBells Swings
- Tyre & Sledgehammer
- Ground & Pound (Core Bag)
- Wall Sit
- Weighted Left /Rights
- Sumo Squat (8kg or 12kg Kettle Bell)
- Leg Raises
- Hooks (Heavy Bag)
- Angled Press Ups (Stairs)
- Barbell Upright Row
- Russian Twist (Medicine Ball)
- Turkish GetUps (8kg or 12kg Kettle Bell)
- Tyre & Sledgehammer
- Core Bag Squats
- Mountain Climbers against a Wall
- Weighted Holds
- Kettle Bells Lunges (8kg or 12kg Kettle Bell)
- 1 Minute Plank
Hopefully we can make a habit of these sessions!