This is the week where I consciously put the holiday period behind me and start to get my training habits back. Things I have considered and applied:
- Set Goals. My Goals are clear and measurable, there is no ambiguity on what I must do. I'll either achieve them or I wont. Simple.
- Hydrate......... and Hydrate more!
- Start eating right again, making sure I factor in foods that support my training and my recovery.
- Take my supplements (as I've been inconsistent with these). Magnesium, VitC, Fish Oil, MultiVitamin, Proteins.
- Stretching. This is an area that often lets me down. If I'm going to avoid injuries, then this habit needs to be ingrained within my training.
- Lock it in!! I've added my training schedule to my calender (especially work calender) and made training part of my working week and not just something I do if I have time.
- Create accountability. I've done this two ways:
- Firstly the creation of this Blog, even if just one person reads this, then I'll be accountable to them.
- Secondly, I have purchased a good old fashioned hard copy diary that I note my training in. This will be carried in my gym bag and on hand should my trainers, wife or friends ever want to see what I've been up to!
So with all that said, here is how the week of training unfolded.
Tuesday 29th January - Hardcore Class (30minutes / Calories Unknown)
Wednesday 30th January - Run RiverWalk 3.2km (24m53s / 344calories)
Wednesday 30th January - Boxing Circuit (60minutes / 797calories)
Thursday 31st January - Fighter Circuit 3minute Rounds (1hr18min / 1,079calories)
Friday 3rd February - Bikram Yoga (90minutes)
The last session was way outside my comfort zone......... I'll never mock a hippy again. It was brutal!